Background

Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy birthday to me!(belated)

So today I came home from my class to the husband saying "don't take your shoes off. let's go." I'm all "umm....what? I've been in the car for 3 hours, I want to nap, eat dinner and just relax." But, alas, he drug me out anyway. After driving around for what seemed like forever, I was convinced he was lost and we stopped at a strip mall. I got a little irritated when he pulled up at REI because there's one right by our house. I said "Why did we drive all the way to this REI instead of the one by the house?" He said just go in. We walk in and he navigates us to the watches/GPS/jewelry and pointed. There I saw the Garmin GPS watches. Now I had narrowed it down to two(the 305 and 110) but he didn't want to buy one without me trying them on. Turns out we drove down to that REI because it was the closest one that had the 305 in stock. So after trying them on and looking over features of both ones, I am now the proud owner of the Garmin Forerunner 305 watch.





It's big but I like it that way! ;) No really, my eyes are bad and I rarely run with my glasses on so it's nice to be able to run without them and still see the screen. So I'm going to try my hardest not to stay up all night playing with it and getting it set up.

On the way home, he surprised me(yet again) by taking me to a crab house. I LOVE sea food and am very picky about eating it up here because I'm a firm believer in fresh seafood, typically on the beach, is the best. Joe's Crab Shack is a sham in my eyes. He had researched and this place was amazing! I stuffed my face with some Kind Crab Legs and Sashimi. I also found out that Snow Crab is now endangered and they're no longer allowed to fish it. Makes me kind of sad, hopefully it is able to repopulate itself soon!

So I'm off to play with my new toy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!