Background

Thursday, December 9, 2010

23 years ago today

I blessed the world with my presence. Ha!

I'm OOT(out of town) for a class for work but my mom came up to take me to dinner since my class is only about an hour from my hometown. And she surprised me with my SISTER! I was so excited. Sissy recently got a job as a CNA and she works crazy hours so it's been months(trying to recall) since I've seen her since she wasn't able to make to Thanksgiving. I was super excited to see her. So we went to Outback and had some food, laughed 'til we cried, and shared my free birthday sundae.

I've been trying to clean up my eating and tonight I realized that the whole clean/healthy eating is starting to work. By work I mean I'm making more healthy choices and really starting to enjoy eating healthy. We had seared ahi tuna for an appetizer. I ordered a 6 oz. steak because I rarely eat red meat and anything bigger would tear my stomach up(Sorry TMI). I also ordered a house salad with vinaigrette(wow Em it is hard to spell!) and for my other side I got the fresh veggies. But what really got me, and I forget where I read this, was that when I ordered them I asked how they were prepared. She said steamed in butter sauce. I asked her to please steam them without the butter since it's a) not the best for you b) high calories c) gross. So, YAY for healthy choices. I also drank coffee black today because at my class they only had Splenda and Sweet-n-low. I can't believe I ever used those artificial sweeteners! They taste sooooo nasty and chemically. NO MORE!

I'm going to attempt to run in the morning but since my hotel is on a highway, I may suck it up and hit a treadmill. Bleh. Plus it's snowing/icing(because it snows every year on my birthday, no joke) and I didn't bring my snow shoes. I'll do something it just may not be outside. And with that, I'm off to bed because I've been up since 4 am!

2 comments:

  1. Hahah I hate that word! And yay for clean eating, way to make me proud ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you as I sat there and struggled and finally just right clicked and auto corrected. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!