Background

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy 1st day of spring training!

Oh yeah, and Valentine's Day.

Today the Boston Red Sox pitchers and catchers report for spring training. Their first workout is tomorrow. Position players show up on Friday and the first full team workout is this Saturday the 19th. I am SO excited.

I love baseball season. The first day of spring training is one of my favorite days of the year. It means spring is close by. Today's 40 degree weather is a great example. Plus I've played softball since I could walk so my love for the sport runs deep.

I love the Red Sox. I know, I know, I live in Chicagoland why am I not a Cubs or Black White Sox fan? Well my dad was a Cubs fan, I'm not a fan of my dad so consider the Cubs tainted. White Sox, meh. But I have family out in the New England area and I remember my uncle brining me a Red Sox hat; so I adopted the Red Sox. This year they're playing CWS(Chicago White Sox) in the end of July. This is exciting because with a military ID, you can get into CWS games for free. I get to see the Sox and Sox play for free!



Spring is in the air! And now, I just watch the roster and schedule and pray the Bo Sox play better this year. We need a good season. Badly.






2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day...and 1st day of spring training! ;)

    I'm not going to lie...baseball kind of bores me, especially if I watch it on TV. Baseball is much more fun if you get to watch it from the stands - so have fun with your free tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of people who say it's boring on TV. Maybe it's because I grew up watching/playing so I find it exciting. I find basketball to be a snore so to each his own. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!