Background

Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 1 half marathon training

Here's how week 1 went. It was a little tricky to start out and have a holiday in there but I got it done.

Monday was stretch and strength - stretched at home, missed yoga.
Tuesday was a 3 mi run - did two miles of "hills" on the TM
Wednesday was 2 mi run or cross - did pilates
Thursday 3 mi run + strength - Neither, was super busy.
Friday was scheduled rest but I made up for Thursday.
Saturday was cross - I swam for about 30 minutes, don't ask me how far, I have no clue.
Sunday was 4 mi run - done in about 50 minutes.

Week 2's plan is
Monday - Yoga
Tuesday - 3 mi run
Wednesday - pilates, maybe some biking or a short run
Thursday - 3 mi run + NROLFW
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Cross train(not sure yet, I'll explain below)
Sun - 4 mi run

We leave Thurs to go to Colorado. Breckenridge actually. We've had this trip planned since June and we're super excited. We're going to spend a long weekend snowboarding with some friends. So Friday is a rest day, easy peasy. Saturday for cross, well I just might count snowboarding, if you've never been, it's a heck of a workout, let me tell ya. And since I doubt our condo has an indoor pool or gym at all for that matter, I'll take what I can get. Sunday, I'm taking my running stuff but with the altitude I'm going to take it nice and easy and if I don't get all 4 miles, I won't be too hard on myself(or try not to). We come back Monday and I should be able to make it to yoga again. See, half training doesn't have to take over your life. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!