Background

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sorry it's been a couple days

I've been super busy, but I have a few recipes for ya!

I've been getting tired of mexican flavored dishes(which I never thought was possible) I am in love with the website www.sparkrecipes.com. It's where I got my last two recipes.

Chicken Parmesan
It was ok. I'm not a huge chicken parm fan anyway. Next time I will add more Parmesan for more flavor. But it was super easy and tasted good.

Ingredients

1 Egg white
3 Tb Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 c Cornflakes, crushed
1/4 tsp ea Salt & Black Pepper
1 tsp dried Thyme
4 bnls/skls Chicken Breasts



Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Beat egg white until frothy. In another bowl mix Parmesan cheese, cornflakes, salt, pepper, and Thyme. Dip each chicken piece in the egg white and then dip into the cornflakes mixture, patting well to ensure the mixture adheres to the chicken. Place the chicken on a lightly oil sprayed pan. Bake about 25 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.

For a side I made these asparagus. I loooooove fresh asparagus so I always look for a new way to spice it up.

1 lb. fresh asparagus (medium width)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lemon wedges, as garnish



Directions
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Rinse asparagus and break off tough ends.

2. In shallow roasting pan, place asparagus and coat with oil. Sprinkle with garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.

3. Roast uncovered for 6-8 minutes (depending on width of spears), shaking pan occasionally. Serve with lemon wedges.

Makes 4 servings (approx 4 medium spears each.)

Printed with permission from the American Institute for Cancer Research. The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) is the cancer charity that fosters research on diet and cancer and educates the public about the results.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!