Background

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blue Cheese Burgers and Asparagus

Keith loves blue cheese, I can't stand it, but because I love him, I made him blue cheese burgers for dinner. I found a spicy & very flavorful recipe on the Food Network website. Probably not the best healthy recipe but he loved it.

* 1 lb ground beef
* 1/2 table spoon garlic powder
* 1/2 table spoon cayenne
* 6 oz blue cheese
* 1/2 table spoon oregano
* hamburger bun

Directions

Season beef with cayenne, oregano and garlic powder. Form beef into 4 patties. Divide each patty, through the center, into two, and flatten. Place blue cheese on one patty and top with other patty. Pinch the edges to seal. Grill burgers in a cast iron pan or on grill to desired degree of doneness.

Now, I used ground turkey, doesn't quite stay together as well as beef, I may throw in some bread crumbs or something next time. I also made the burgers a bit thick and it took forever to cook :\ whoops. I topped with some colby cheese and it was fabulous.

For a side dish, I spiced up some asparagus that we had frozen. I used a skillet instead of a grill and they turned out fine. I also made them without the lemon zest b/c I didn't have any lemons :( But they were still good. Especially if you're a garlic lover.

* 1 pound asparagus
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Trim asparagus. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, zest and paprika and stir with a fork. Lay asparagus side by side and pierce on 2 wooden skewers to form a raft. Place rafts on the grill and brush with oil mixture. Cook to desired tenderness and season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!