Background

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shrimp Fried Rice

My apologizes in advance, I'm sure my posts are going to get quite a bit shorter due to my now crazy schedule since school started. I am going to try and keep cooking and new recipes but it may only be a couple days a week.

Today for something quick and easy I made low cal shrimp fried rice. I used lots of veggies....carrots, peas, broccoli and cauliflower. And got my original recipe here

1 cup cooked brown rice
8 oz frozen shrimp, with tails off **
1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots and other veggies of choice
2 green onions, chopped
1tbsp olive oil
1tbsp soy sauce
pepper to taste


**Can also substitute 8oz of cooked chicken, beef, or pork. For Vegetarian style add 1 cup assorted chopped fresh vegetable such as asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, or cabbage.**



Directions
In a small bowl beat egg, set aside.
Heat olive oil in large skillet on med high, add cooked rice, peas & carrots, shrimp, & green onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp & veggies are warmed through.
Clear out the center of pan by pushing rice mixture to the sides, pour egg into space. Scramble egg until almost firm about 1 min. Mix egg & rice mixture together cook additional 1 min until egg done through. Add soy sauce & pepper. Serve immediately.

It was fairly quick, except boiling the rice, which takes forever. But other than that, quick and easy and yummy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!