Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Biscuits and Gravy

This morning I made biscuits and gravy with a bit of a twist.

I used store bought biscuits but made home made gravy.
I based the gravy off of this recipe from Paula Deen.

Here's how I made it
* 1/4 cup chicken stock
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups milk warm
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoons pepper
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
* Dash of seasoned salt
* Dash of cayenne pepper

Heat chicken stock and melted butter in a cast iron skillet. Add the flour and whisk until smooth and bubbly about 1 minute. Add the warm milk slowly and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and stir, until thickened, about 5 minutes, adding milk as necessary to control the thickness. Season the gravy with salt and pepper. Serve hot over biscuits. Less calories than using fatty bacon grease or sausage but still tasted fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!