Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I've been slacking

With my running updates. I've been trying to get the occasional run in but for the life of me just felt like crap. The last couple of days I had a horrible stomach pain, thought maybe it was something I ate and tried to play it off. Well....that didn't work so well. Yesterday it was so bad that I couldn't stand up straight and it hurt to walk. My boss convinced me to go leave and try to get in at the dr. As soon as I started driving, the bumps hurt so bad I almost got sick. I made it about 1.1 miles to the hospital by my office before crawling into the ER. Some EMTs were are the doorway and saw my crawling out of my Jeep and helped carry me in(sweet guys).

(TMI Alert)

So after 7 hours in the hospital and multiple tests, the doctor determined I had a hemorrhaging cyst on my right ovary. My ovary is swollen from the rupture and there's a bit of fluid built up around it that isn't helping the pain(at all.) Because it's hemorrhaging, it's basically spasaming and releasing blood a little at a time. She said that it's not large enough that she suspects any issues, it only released a small amount of blood. She gave me some pain killers and anti-biotics just in case. My white blood cell count was elevated so she thinks my body is already protecting itself and I should be fine. I have strict orders to follow up with my GYN today.

So I guess my body knew something was up and maybe that's why I've been so blah feeling and tired? Anyway, hopefully this thing goes away and I can get back to my normal self and get back into the swing of things soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!