Background

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today is bittersweet

Today is Veteran's Day. Today is a day that we remember those who have served, past and present and thank them for that sacrifices.

This day always puts me in awkward situations. I often get text messages, facebook messages or people who thank me on the street. While I appreciate being thanked, I never really quite know what to say. I love what I do and have since day 1. My deployment sucked, hello it's a desert! But I feel weird saying "you're welcome" because I feel that I was just doing my job. More noble/courageous/brave/whatever than most jobs? Maybe. But to me, my passion and desire to serve is still my job.


I do what I do because I love it so thank you to all of you who thank the veterans in your life and the ones you see on the street.

And to those who don't support the war, protest the troops, think we're fighting in vain,(especially the Westboro Baptist Church) I hope you enjoy your freedom of speech. America is the land of the free because of the brave.

3 comments:

  1. Preach it sister!! WBC sucks at life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put into words how my husband feels every time he has been thanked for serving out country. Its your job and you are doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and Thank you..
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!