Background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tilapia and quinoa....and me complaining

I took out some tilapia for dinner, which is one of my favorite fishes since it's a mild white fish and not super fishy tasting. I also made my first attempt of quinoa which is a wheat free, gluten free alternative to rice, oatmeal, breading, it's very versatile.

For the tilapia,
4 tilapia filets
1 tbsp of Adobo all-season salt
1 tbsp of chili powder
then I squeezed to limes over the fish and cooked in a skillet.

Quinoa, I use the two to one method and used 1/2 chicken stock and 1/2 water to boil it like rice. It turned out pretty well. The texture is a bit interesting but it still tasted good. Add a side of asparagus and viola! Yummy meal.

Now for my complaining.

There is nothing that irritates me more than people who spew off at the mouth not really knowing what they're talking about and giving stupid advice. On a message board I frequent, a girl was worried because her husband had not yet received his enlistment bonus(it's only been 6 months).

The advice she received?

1) Call an attorney
2) Contact the military's legal office
3) Call her senator
4) Call the investigative general(IG) who handles issues within a military unit. Like when someone files a complaint against someone in their chain of command.

Now I won't go into all the reasons as to why this is wrong and in so many ways but I will say this. Unless you have been there and done that and know what you're talking about....please stay out of it. If you go and tell your spouse, or worse you yourself, go and do any of the above, it's going to reflect badly upon your service member. If your SM is not sure who to go to, they need to run it up their chain of command. We have the chain for a reason, to solve problems at the lowest level. If my Soldiers come to me with an issue, I do everything within my power to solve it myself, if I can't I enlist help from someone with more rank than me.

So in summary, unless you know what you're talking about, kindly STFU. Kthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!