Background

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm back! With a menu!

So, I'm out of school for the next few weeks, I'm getting back into cooking and cooking low cal meals! For those of you who didn't know, I recently started weight watchers in an attempt to get my eating back under control. So far it's gone well, I've already lost 4 lbs, put 2 lb back on. But now I know what I can and can't get away with. So, a lot of my new recipes will be either WW, South Beach, or just low cal. I'm also training for my first 5K(Nov 2nd), I've been doing Couch to 5K(C25K) for 3 weeks now and I'm making progress. So, anyway, enough blabbing. Menu for the week!

One of my new favorite blogs is by a gal named Gina. Her blog is skinnytaste.com You can find her on my roll up. I'm going to make her

Asian Glazed Chicken

Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas

From my friend Kristan's blog, Stuffed Bell Peppers which I've made before and they're amazing!

Salsa Chicken in the crock pot.

And I'm still searching for a good fish recipe. I may let the hubs make his yummy swordfish in a clam juice marinade. It sounds gross but I swear it's amazing!

Here's to a healthier week!

5 comments:

  1. Stout I'd love to hear keith's fish recipe. I hate fish but am trying to like it or at least make mild kinds so k will eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been spending the summer cooking healthy. Check out delish.com, skinnytaste.com (she converts all her recipes to ww points!), and slim-fast.com. You have to sign up for the slim-fast site, but it's free and the recipes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel - I will check out Delish, I use skinny taste and Slim-Fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessi, this is the recipe he uses. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/lemon-swordfish-brochettes-recipe/index.html

    Swordfish is expensive so we don't make it very often. I have a few recipes for Tilapia and one for Salmon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! The stuffed peppers are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!