Background

Friday, March 4, 2011

I won two awards!

OMG it has taken me 3 tries to get this freaking post done! Blogger keeps eating it! UUUGGGHHH!



I won an award from the husband for best tacos evah! (recipe in the bottom of this post)
I also won a stylish blogger award from the fabulous Em at A life to Bragg about. So now I have to....

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these Bloggers and tell them about the award!

And now for my 7 things:
1) I am a natural red head.
2) I have hyperextended elbows.
3) I was in a bad car accident as a baby(8 months) which is why I'm now a stickler about wearing seat belts and kids in car seats.
4) I grew up in Hawaii and miss it dearly.
5) I am a very outspoken and honest person. This can get me in trouble.
6) I love music. All types. My Ipod is so random.
7) I speak enough Spanish to carry on a conversation and always get funny looks from native Spanish speakers because they think it's funny.

Now award 15 other great bloggers!

1) Skinny Runner. Even though she's hit a new low. ;)
2) The Fisher Diaries
3) Eat live run
4) Lipsticks and Leathernecks
5) My bitchin' kitchen
6) Health, Happiness, and home cooking
7) Everything's better when we're together
8) The Restless Blogger
9) See Meggie Run
10) The Angry Runner
11) My Verbal Vomit
12) Meet me on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree
13) Eat well. Live well. Be Well.
14) Radioactive Runner
15) Life {and running} in Iowa

Now for the tacos! We all know I'm not great with recipes so if you want the original, I got it here at Eat live run. The recipe was super easy and amazingly good. The goat cheese adds a nice creaminess and tastes way better than the usual plastic cheese. The avacado cooled down the spice just enough. All the flavors worked really well together. They were awesome.

My version...





Ingredients:

4 tortillas (We used spelt flour tortillas)

10 raw shrimp (frozen or fresh, deveined with tails off)

Chopped bell peppers. Colors and how many are up to you. I used 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange.

1 small chopped onion

1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese

1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese

Chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. We used a lot because we like spicy.

2 limes cut in quarters, salsa and avocado slices for serving

Directions:

Fry up the peppers and onions in a skillet with a bit of olive oil. Just long enough they're warm and tender. In the same skillet, turn the heat to high and throw the shrimp in there. Shrimp don't take long to cook so just let them pink up. Then add the seasonings(chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper) and stir until they're coated.

Grab a shell, add your choice of toppings and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the award! I hope I can come up with all 7, lol. Your's are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thank you!! :)

    Hawaii, ahhhh, I love it!

    And those tacos look amaaaaazing. Mmm. I'm so hungry right now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the award! it took me long enough... how rude of moi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No big SR, I know you're busy running marathons in Vegas and stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!