Background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tomorrow is the day!

So today I did Stage 1, Day 2 of NROLFW. And for the record, I don't think I've ever done an actual back workout before. I'm SORE. Already. I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring.

Speaking of tomorrow, my first 5K! I've already decided that I will walk if needed, especially with the back issue now. But we'll see how it goes!

Today, a friend of mine revealed some great news. First a little back story: my friend M that I've known since elementary school was pregnant. Her placenta erupted(the bag that keeps the baby safe) and she had an emergency c-section. She was 26 weeks pregnant. For those of you not familiar with pregnancy terms, it's 40 weeks total. Once you hit 28 weeks, they consider your child to be viable, as in, if something happens baby has a better chance of survival without complications. Anyway,

So my friend M's little girl has gone through so much. Feeding tubes, surgeries, IVs, breathing tube, so on and so forth. She got to move into her big girl crib in her own room now! The doctors are hoping to send her home in about two weeks. She's still only about 3.1 lbs and has a long way to go but it's miraculous that she's made such progress, she's an amazing little fighter just like her mommy! I hope she comes home soon, mommy has to drive an hour one way to see her little girl everyday. I really pray for those two every single night. Such an amazing story.

Anyway, that's about it! I'm off to rest up for the race tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!